- 29 y/o female
- Was first Diagnosed With AIS in 1999, With a 37 degree Lenke 1A curve
- Treated with a Leaplaza Construction With good result after that procedure.
- 5 years Later the Xray shows wire brakeage in the proximal portion of the leaplaza construction
- The Construction was removed and after a few months the curve shows signs of progression
- Then went to a third surgical procedure with pedicular screw fixation
- Once more with acceptable results
- After aprox 2,5 years the patients complains about moderate pain at the distal attachment of the construction and “that screws were palpable under the skin mostly in proximal and distal screws”.
- Managed first with conservative treatment
- The patient starts the notice some pain in the upper thoracic Spine.
- Was diagnosed with a T2-T3 subluxation (apparently a JPK in my opinion)
- Went to OR to a 4th surgery: Removed the first construction and confirming the fusion they decided to fix from T1 to T10.
- After 2 years of the 4 th surgery patients start to complain again about the screw size and finally removed the last construction in Late October 2013
- Came to my office with cervical-thoracic pain 6/10 and noticing worsening of the Thoracic Kyphosis
- Actual Status
– Thoracic Curve: 48°
– Thoracic Kyphosis: 78°
– Lordosis: 60°
– PT: 40°
– PI: 56°
– SS: 44°
– SVA: − 3,5 com